Please do your part to make sure everyone has a safe and enjoyable
- Pets - Many family pets do not seem to enjoy the
camping experience nearly as much as their humans. The unfamiliarity
and confusion of a busy campground and being constantly on
a leash seem to upset some animals. Excessive noise and not
cleaning up after pets leads to many complaints from other
campers. Campers are responsible for their pets at all times.
Do not leave them unattended. Pets must be on a leash 6 feet
or less, in length.
- Tables - Each site is outfitted with one picnic table.
Borrowing tables from other sites is not allowed and creates
discord when they must be retrieved for the site from which
they were taken.
- Vehicles - Reducing congestion and visitor safety
are the reasons for the "one mode of transportation per site"
rule. Additional vehicles must be parked in designated campground
- Number of people/tents per site - Six people is the
maximum number allowed at a campsite. Each site may have two
tents or one camper and one small tent.
- Alcohol is strictly forbidden in the youth camps.
At other properties, both daily visitors and campers are asked
to be responsible when drinking alcohol. Possession of alcohol
by persons under the age of 21 is against the law in Indiana,
and this will be enforced.
- Quiet hours are from 11 p.m. until 6 a.m. At night,
voices carry so moderation is essential. Generators or other
similar equipment which produces noise may only be in operation
from 6 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.
- Check-out time is 2 p.m. Monday through Saturday
and 5 p.m. on Sunday and holidays. If you plan to renew your
registration, please do so by 10 a.m.
- Nails and wires for suspending lanterns and patio
lights can cause serious damage to trees. Burn damage permanently
scars or kills trees.
- Fires and firewood - Fires may be built only in the
fire rings provided. Collecting firewood in state parks is
prohibited. Firewood is for sale at the Camp Store.
- Visitors to your site - Day visitors are welcome.
They must park in the campground parking lot and may walk
to your campsite. Campground hours are 7:00 a.m. until 11:00
p.m. each day.
- Age of campers - At least one person at the campsite
must be 18 years old. The responsible party registering for
the campsite shall remain at the site for the entire stay.
- Length of stay - Maximum length of stay is 14 consecutive
nights. Campers must then vacate the property for 48 hours
before reregistering for an additional stay.
- Setup of campsite may begin after check out time
on the first day, and the site must be clear by check out
on the last day, except Sunday or Monday of a holiday weekend,
when you may stay until 5:00 p.m. Campgrounds are closed at
11 p.m., and no setup of campsites may occur after midnight.
- Renewing campsites - Campers are requested to renew
sites by 10:00 a.m.
RVs & vehicles towing trailers must use West Gate Entrance (off S.R.
46, west of Nashville).
North Gate Covered Bridge is restricted to 9 foot height and 3 ton weight
Horsemen's Campground users should use entrance off 135 South.